Abstract due date extended to January 7, 2020
Notification date: January 15, 2020
Guidelines for Submitting an Abstract
We welcome submissions of abstracts for breakout sessions on the afternoon of March 20th and the morning of March 21st. Submissions will be evaluated based on consistency with the overall mission of the conference (see the full mission statement). The focus can be related to any aspect of nursing knowledge development. We are particularly seeking abstracts that present and discuss practice, research, education, administration or policy informed by nursing theories and philosophies. We welcome abstracts that offer alternative points of view, that challenge the status quo, that draw on all patterns of knowing in nursing, and that encourage creativity in the advancement of nursing knowledge development.
All presentations are oral, 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions and discussion. If you want to use power point slides, plan to bring your slides to the conference on a thumb drive that can be connected to a computer in the breakout room at the time of your presentation.
Abstracts are to be submitted using the online submission form.
- Title: Brief title that clearly identifies the nature of the presentation (12 words maximum)
- Statement of congruence with the conference theme (100 words or less)
- Abstract narrative that is 300 words or less.
- Information for each co-presenter: Name, credentials, email address.
- For the corresponding presenter, we also request a mailing address.
- Agreement that if the abstract is acceptance, at least one presenter will register for and attend the conference.
Abstracts will be reviewed by representatives of the planning team. Priority will be given to those abstracts that clearly address the mission of the conference. You wil be notified of the status of your abstract no later than January 15, 2020.
- If Your Abstract is Accepted:
- In order to present, at least one of the presenters must register for the conference by the deadline in your acceptance notification, and must be present at the time of your breakout session.
- Presenters who plan to use PPT slides are required to bring the files on a thumb drive.
- Optional: Presenters may bring copies of handouts for the participants.
- We exert the right to rescind the acceptance of an abstract due to any conflict of interest discovered after the fact.